The Indiana YouthPRO Association is proud
to announce new IYD Scholarships.
Scholarships are available to individuals pursuing The Seasoned Professional Indiana Youth Development Credential. Financial assistance for registration fees for the Standard and Alternate process are now available as well.
All requests should be in no later than June 15, 2011.
**Scholarships are limited and awarded on a first come basis**
Seasoned Youth Professionals
The process for seasoned youth professionals would allow for administrators, educators and other long term youth workers to utilize their overwhelming experience and education to demonstrate competencies as related to the IYD Credential. These seasoned youth professionals will not be required to be working in direct service to young people but their resume will document:
- at least 8 years of direct work with young people
- receipt of a minimum of a BA/BS from an accredited institution of higher education
- membership in a professional organization of their choice
Applicants who choose to obtain an IYD via this route would submit to IYP:
- IYD application form, including agreement to adhere to the NAA code of ethics
- proof of professional organization membership
- their resume/curriculum vita showing at least 8 years of direct youth work experience
- transcripts of credit bearing and continuing education/community based trainings,
- Two certification of competency forms signed by professional colleagues.
Optional: The candidate may submit a portfolio related to the competency areas if they choose.
The IYD Credential Review Board will ascertain that all competency areas have been met via experience and/or education.
Individuals who have obtained the National Youth Worker Credential would need to submit proof of that credential and an IYD application form, but no other documentation would be required.
If questions arise during the review process a personal interview may be requested with a member of the Review Board. Upon approval of the IYD Credential Review board and receipt of an application fee the individual would be granted an IYD.
Fees: IYP member rate $75.
Non IYP member rate $150.
The initial IYD credential would be good for 3 years and subsequent renewals are in 5 year increments- as is the case for IYD credentials granted under the standard process.
These documents were updated 12/15/2010
Click here for the seasoned professional application:
Click here for the seasoned professional certification of competency: